Through strategic partnerships, City Year Dallas builds strong bonds with the schools, individuals and corporations to make a difference in the communities and neighborhoods of Dallas.
OneStar equips Texas communities to meet their needs by convening partners across sectors to build the capacity of nonprofits, promoting service and volunteerism, and investing in effective solutions.
Dallas Independent School District Partners
We are now embarking on our fourth full year of partnership with the Dallas Independent School District (DISD) and this year we have deployed 80 idealistic AmeriCorps members to work throughout nine DISD schools. Teams of 8 to10 AmeriCorps members are currently serving in the following seven schools working full-time alongside teachers to improve attendance, behavior and coursework performance.
- E.B. Comstock Middle School
- Francisco F. “Pancho” Medrano Middle School
- Franklin D. Roosevelt High School
- H. Grady Spruce High School
- J. P. Starks Elementary School
- Maple Lawn Elementary School
- Oliver Wendell Holmes Middle School
- Roger Q. Mills Elementary Middle School
- W. T. White High School
The Team Sponsor Program provides a powerful opportunity for sponsors to help build a stronger community in Dallas and impact the lives of hundreds of students by supporting and funding our work at a specific school.
The Program Sponsorship partnership gives sponsors an opportunity to invest time and resources into a specific focus area at a specific school. Focus areas include math, literacy, social-emotional learning and attendance.
- OneStar Foundation
- W.W. Caruth Jr. Foundation
- Mark and Rachel Rohr Foundation
- The Meadows Foundation